MN: Minneapolis Police shoot and kill CHL at 7 am who seconds before had been asleep

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

MN: Minneapolis Police shoot and kill CHL at 7 am who seconds before had been asleep

Post by philip964 »

https://apnews.com/article/amir-locke-s ... 0ab1748369

No knock warrant. Man with CHL shot and killed on couch under a blanket had his weapon in his hand with finger pointed.

He was not the subject of the warrant.

https://www.fox9.com/news/minneapolis-m ... amir-locke

This has the video in slow motion and in real time to show how quickly he was killed.

I don't like no knock warrants.

And he was African American.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Re: MN: Minneapolis Police shoot and kill CHL at 7 am who seconds before had been asleep

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:11 pm https://apnews.com/article/amir-locke-s ... 0ab1748369

No knock warrant. Man with CHL shot and killed on couch under a blanket had his weapon in his hand with finger pointed.

He was not the subject of the warrant.

https://www.fox9.com/news/minneapolis-m ... amir-locke

This has the video in slow motion and in real time to show how quickly he was killed.

I don't like no knock warrants.

And he was African American.
No knock warrants must be outlawed. Police agencies are abusing the power of these things and far too many innocent people are being killed during them. I promise you, a no knock warrant at my house WILL be a shoot out! My door comes flying open with a bunch of nazi storm troopers screaming and yelling and my first thought won't be cops.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: MN: Minneapolis Police shoot and kill CHL at 7 am who seconds before had been asleep

Post by Paladin »

We have seen again and again that no knock warrants are danger to everyone.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

That could have been any of us, of course.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

No knock warrants are a necessary and important tool. Too much evidence can be lost if you knock and give the occupants time to destroy it. That does not count the number of lives that can be lost if the occupants are allowed to prepare.

Having said that, I support reform and changes in the no knock warrant process. I think they have been abused and are part of the degradation of our rights caused by the war on some drugs.
Steve Rothstein

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

There are situations that call for police to enter with no warning in cases where lives are a stake. However the dangers and abuses of no knock warrants far out weigh they usefulness for drug cases or other non life threatening situations in my opinion.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

seph

Post by seph »

They should only be used to apprehend dangerous wanted persons, never just to preserve evidence. The should also be a higher level review before a judge can sign off that includes a panel of judges, DA personel, and independent members.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

srothstein wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:32 pm No knock warrants are a necessary and important tool. Too much evidence can be lost if you knock and give the occupants time to destroy it. That does not count the number of lives that can be lost if the occupants are allowed to prepare.

Having said that, I support reform and changes in the no knock warrant process. I think they have been abused and are part of the degradation of our rights caused by the war on some drugs.
I am with you, Mr. Rothstein. I do believe they have their place. However, they are massively overused and obviously WAY too easy to get. Should be some sort of established multi-level process to get one so that they are only issued for very specific circumstances that must be spelled out in detail. They should be available, but seldom issued.

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

If they're going to use no-knock warrants then they darn sure better get the right place; it's absolutely criminal how many raids are at the wrong home.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:07 am
srothstein wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:32 pm No knock warrants are a necessary and important tool. Too much evidence can be lost if you knock and give the occupants time to destroy it. That does not count the number of lives that can be lost if the occupants are allowed to prepare.

I am with you, Mr. Rothstein. I do believe they have their place. However, they are massively overused and obviously WAY too easy to get. Should be some sort of established multi-level process to get one so that they are only issued for very specific circumstances that must be spelled out in detail. They should be available, but seldom issued.
:iagree: And the biggest problem is there is NO accountability when they do go wrong. Ho, hum. We messed up. Next! Rank and file officers should not be the ones held to account for these tragedies. If there were more consequences,there would be fewer problems. For me, no knock warrants and civil asset forfeiture remain the greatest stains on U.S. law enforcement. OIS are more defensible than either of these.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

puma guy wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:47 pm There are situations that call for police to enter with no warning in cases where lives are a stake. However the dangers and abuses of no knock warrants far out weigh they usefulness for drug cases or other non life threatening situations in my opinion.
I completely agree with the statement above.
The news story and video reminds me of the Gestapo in WWII Germany. Wasn’t there, but I study history.

You can trust a bad guy to be bad.
You can’t trust the supposedly good guys to be good.

If I were an LEO, I would refuse to participate in no knock warrants. Might lose your job, but at least you could sleep at night. Well, maybe.
That story just really p#$$&s me off!
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

Limited use only.
Active Kidnappings
Weapons of Mass Destruction
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

All good posts here, so let's be a little proactive: what SHOULD be the specific conditions for allowing a no-knock entry? What about forced entry AFTER knocking? Say they bang on the door X times, wait X number of minutes, then are justified in busting in... with the bad guys waiting in a dark corner with a sawed-off....?
-Ruark

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Ruark wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:28 pm All good posts here, so let's be a little proactive: what SHOULD be the specific conditions for allowing a no-knock entry? What about forced entry AFTER knocking? Say they bang on the door X times, wait X number of minutes, then are justified in busting in... with the bad guys waiting in a dark corner with a sawed-off....?
It is a cops job to risk their lives. It is not the publics job to sacrifice constitutional freedom for them to be safe. They knew the job when they signed up for it. There are no words that disgust me more than, "for officers safety". They use those words right before violating the constitution of the united states. The one they swore to uphold in their oath they took. Too many never took that oath seriously. most probably don't even remember that they swore to this as they violate free Americans rights.

It seems to me that the big problem with "no-knock" warrants is that far to often they are used when not called for and then they are used at wrong addresses. This is the United States of America. The "good guys" are only the "good guys' when they work within the guidelines laid out by our constitution. Violating Americans rights in the name of enforcing the law is not acceptable.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/b ... -shooting/

Protests have started.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/minnesota ... es&via=rss

National guard called up. Headline says Executed.

Ooh are we learning, gov.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”