Need Assistance

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Mel
Posts in topic: 4

Need Assistance

Post by Mel »

Trying to help a friend whose husband passed away. Need to sell Ruger Blackhawk revolver. Best I can tell, it appears to be a Model 5244, 357 Mag.
She's looking for paperwork. Sell to someone in the DFW area. I'm in Farmersville, so north/northeast DFW area preferred. She has been told it should be worth about $350. Includes good western style belt & holster and 80 rounds of ammo.
Email me for pictures. <rvmel@icloud.com>
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need Assistance

Post by Tex1961 »

Does this come with the 9mm cylinder as well.

Topic author
Mel

Post by Mel »

Negative, no 9mm cylinder. I shot 6 rounds through to make sure it works properly.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

2 comments...

https://ruger.com/products/newModelBlac ... odels.html

1. Might want to mention age and barrel length... Looks like the 5244 is the 4.6 version.

2. MSRP on the 2-cyl version is $929. Gunbroker sales start at almost double the $350 price.... Is it in good condition? Would hate to see a recent widow give up $$ on a nice gun.

Good on you for helping... :tiphat:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
Mel

Post by Mel »

RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:46 pm 2 comments...
https://ruger.com/products/newModelBlac ... odels.html
1. Might want to mention age and barrel length... Looks like the 5244 is the 4.6 version.
2. MSRP on the 2-cyl version is $929. Gunbroker sales start at almost double the $350 price.... Is it in good condition? Would hate to see a recent widow give up $$ on a nice gun.
Good on you for helping... :tiphat:
Barrel is 4.62" Nice condition. Don't know exact age. She said he had it for about 30-35 years.
Thanks
Mel

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I bet it would bring a lot more than $350. It's awesome you are helping her.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Mel

Re: Need Assistance...SOLD...

Post by Mel »

Ruger 357 is sold. I took it down to the Local Gun Shop, and they made me a decent offer.

He told me that they get calls for things like this pretty regularly. He gave me $100 over "blue book".
Mel

Return to “Closed Items”