REMINDER: Remember the "10 Year Old Daughter Rule"

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

REMINDER: Remember the "10 Year Old Daughter Rule"

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Hi Folks:
We've had a good number of new members join in the last 2 or 3 weeks, some of whom have not read their welcoming PM's. Those PM's serve two purposes; first, a true welcome to the forum; and secondly, a request to read the Mission Statement.

I am firmly convinced that we are seeing greater numbers of women and young people joining because we make them feel welcome. One of the ways we do that is by avoiding language guys might use over burgers and beer, but which may be offensive to the ladies and young people. This is expressly set out in the Mission Statement.

I have had to edit a few posts lately to remove language the ladies may find offensive and that I'm sure the parents of young people would find offensive. I'm not trying to bust anyone's chops and I realize that sometimes we can throw words into a post without really focusing on it. Accident or not, we have to avoid it if we are to continue to have a growing number of ladies and young people join us. So this is a polite reminder: If you wouldn't want someone using language in front if your 10 year old daughter, don't use it in a post.

Regards,
Chas.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Made me laugh to remember some language that my then ten year old daughter was using, until I told her what it meant. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She's forty something now and wouldn't appreciate me repeating the tale, but I still get a giggle.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

Thanks for the raminder Charles. Today I introduced another to the forum. He is almost as old as I am so the thing I told him was He could be on texaschlforum & not worry about his granddaughter reading over his shoulder. I too believe that is why this forum is such a success. It IS the reason I spend as much time here & as little as I do anywhere else. Thanks again.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Rich

Post by Rich »

Thanks Charles, I have all but stopped viewing other forums because of the harsh discussions and criticism. :thumbsup:

Rich

rodnocker1

Post by rodnocker1 »

Charles,I really appreciate the rules you have set out in the Mission Statement. Soon I am going to buy a Sig GSR and have been wanting to find out more about them. When I linked to Sig Forum, I couldn't believe what was being said on that site. :oops: Needless to say, I didn't register and will not be going back. There is some info on there, but it seems that they should call it the AP Forum-that's "The Assault and Profanity Forum". Someone will start a thread and then it's off to the races. I've been told that that is "ADULT" language. :shock: I'm 50 years old and I don't use that kind of language. Guess I'm not an adult yet (and hopefully never will be if that is what it takes). Thanks for everything Charles. THIS IS A GREAT SITE!!
Rodney

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

+ 1 rod. You said it best.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”