Which do you prefer, DA, SA or striker fired

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Which do you prefer, DA, SA or striker fired

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Beiruty wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:40 am Majority of Polymer EDC are striker fired. I am a trigger snob. If it has a good trigger I will own one, if not, I modify the trigger.
Besides that, 1911 trigger is still the benchmark for competition pistols.
What was the question Again?
DA/SA or striker fired? It is your choice. The heavy DA pull does not help in the accuracy department on the first shot, but it gives more assurance that when you pull that trigger, you mean it.
My favorite trigger is also the 1911 style. My accuracy far exceeds my accuracy of my striker fired or double actions. My everyday carry was mostly my PM9. I am pretty accurate with it. The past few years I have been carrying my S&W 442. I put a new trigger assembly in it and it is smooth as glass with better take up and less travel. I carry three speed loaders in my left pocket in case I come upon the Chinese red army and need more than five shots.I use plus p in it for the extra velocity/penetration. But nothing is comparable to the smooth action on my 1911's. I never really developed the habit of daily carry with them because the old rules were that printing could get me in trouble. I guess now it won't matter. I went to my grand daughters halloween festival at her private school. The on campus security guard was carrying a 1911. I could tell because of the, signature, grip printing in his untucked button down shirt. I love that school. Several of the school teachers and administrators carry there. They even have a sign outside saying they are armed and ready to do anything it takes to protect the children attending.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”