Paypal does not allow use for firearm purchases

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
propellerhead
Posts in topic: 2

Paypal does not allow use for firearm purchases

Post by propellerhead »

PayPal does not allow you to use their service for firearm purchases. It is spelled out in their Acceptable Use Policy. I tried to purchase a gun from someone in North Carolina and he sent me a PayPal payment request with the subject "XD45ACP". Shortly after, PayPal cancelled the request and shut down his account. He can appeal it but it's probably not worth the effort. Some of you probably know this already but some may not. I surely didn't.

So, "Never Again" shall I use PayPal for any firearm related purchases.

barres
Posts in topic: 1

Post by barres »

Not only for firearm purchases, but for firearm-related purchases. Folks on the SigForum have talked about accounts being shut down for magazine purchases. Maybe it was just because the mags were hi-caps, but still. The same California-based company holds E-bay, too, and both E-bay and PayPal have anti-gun policies. Including restricting firearm accessories to what is legal in California, even if no party involved is in California. :evil:

I stopped using E-bay and PayPal a good while back after learning of all this. Thanks for the reminder and for letting all the others here know what's going on, in case they didn't already know.

progun47
Posts in topic: 4

Post by progun47 »

Well, that a real good reason NOT to use them for ANY purchase, IMHO
"People cannot be effectually oppressed and enslaved, who are not FIRST DISARMED" Texas Supreme Court 1859 (Cockrum vs State)

"Son, you will die with the hammer down on that weapon." Jeff Cooper, Gunsite ranch 6/18/84

dpatterson

Post by dpatterson »

Just dont tell paypal what the money is purchasing...

What do you expect it is California.... Wont be long before anything involving Guns, Reloading, etc will be banned from ebay...

Daniel
If Guns kill people, my keyboard mispells words.....

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

progun47 wrote:Well, that a real good reason NOT to use them for ANY purchase, IMHO
I disagree. Paypal is convenient and secure. I know I can't use them for firearms stuff, so I don't try.

I don't worry about a company's political views unless they are doing illegal or immoral things. For example, I don't have any idea their stance on gay marriage, abortion, unions vs employer rights, , immigration, or any number of viewpoints.

I have Verizon Fiber Optic cable TV service, I don't care their views on the above things either. And so-on and so-on..............
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

I've bought two old Dillon 450 presses on e-bay and paid via paypal. There is a guy on e-bay that sells lots of once-fired brass, and all sorts of other reloading stuff.

I read that Cummins (the diesel engine manufacturer) gave money to some anti-gun political organization years ago. Maybe they still do, or have recently. Maybe I should sell my truck to get rid of the Cummins engine - but it has almost 330,000 miles on it and the engine has never berated me for having guns or shooting them. In fact, it takes me to the range and gets me home without any complaints.

Refusing to do business with those whose views you find repugnant is up to each individual. If you don't like buying stuff from communists, good luck finding a pair of jack stands not made in China.

just my 2¢ worth (if that)
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

Diode
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Diode »

I don't know, I guess it depends on how much they tick me off. If E-bay and Paypal don't want to deal firearm supplies I guess that's their right but if they were to start bashing guns and gun owners then I would treat them like I do the Dixie Chick and half of Holywood! (The 10 year old rule stops me from explaining) :cool:

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

I had paypal shut down my account.
I bought a GLOCK T-shirt from someone, and apparently that tripped paypal's word filters.

Never again.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Diode

Post by Diode »

nitrogen wrote:I had paypal shut down my account.
I bought a GLOCK T-shirt from someone, and apparently that tripped paypal's word filters.

Never again.
I thought I paid for my holster at Crossbreed via paypal... Hmmm!

progun47
Posts in topic: 4

Post by progun47 »

I guess that I'm just different, I don't want to give money to any company that is out right opposed to a strongly held beleif of mind be it guns, abortions or what have you. I know that they are times when I can't avoid it, but I will always try to buy from some one who is at least neutral or on the same side as I am.
"People cannot be effectually oppressed and enslaved, who are not FIRST DISARMED" Texas Supreme Court 1859 (Cockrum vs State)

"Son, you will die with the hammer down on that weapon." Jeff Cooper, Gunsite ranch 6/18/84

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I use PayPal. It's a real convenience for me. What I am spending MY money on is none of their business and I never use any language that would give them any clue what I am buying.
The only thing they need to know is the amount and who's getting it.
Last edited by HighVelocity on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Diode

Post by Diode »

progun47 wrote:I guess that I'm just different, I don't want to give money to any company that is out right opposed to a strongly held beleif of mind be it guns, abortions or what have you. I know that they are times when I can't avoid it, but I will always try to buy from some one who is at least neutral or on the same side as I am.
Well, I wrote Paypal and asked them about it. We'll see what i get back from them.

TraCoun

Post by TraCoun »

txinvestigator wrote:
I disagree. Paypal is convenient and secure. I know I can't use them for firearms stuff, so I don't try.

I don't worry about a company's political views unless they are doing illegal or immoral things. For example, I don't have any idea their stance on gay marriage, abortion, unions vs employer rights, , immigration, or any number of viewpoints.

I have Verizon Fiber Optic cable TV service, I don't care their views on the above things either. And so-on and so-on..............
This is the kind of thing that these people count on. They dump on gun owners, figuring not enough of them will object and will still keep using their services for other things. If we keep supporting them they don't see any reasons to change. And then they can take their profits (our money) and donate to people who can use the dollars against us.

Just MHO
TraCoun

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Diode

Post by Diode »

Yikes, ya think there ticked?

Return to “Never Again!!”