Dallas Area Competitions

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mewalke
Posts in topic: 2

Dallas Area Competitions

Post by mewalke »

Has anyone shot Real Steel or Metal Mania at the Dallas Pistol Club? I want to get into some competitions and thought those sounded like a fun place to start instead of IDPA or USPSA.

I haven't had an opportunity to make it to the Dallas Pistol Club for one of these matches yet, but hope to soon!

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dallas Area Competitions

Post by Beiruty »

Very fun matches. I shoot real world gun and personal protection matches. You will have a blast.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

extremist

Post by extremist »

Real Steel and Metal Mania are good matches at DPC. Of course you can get more information on our website: http://dallaspistolclub.com/competition.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Biggest difference between the two are MM always has a designated stop plate where as RS may or may not, but typically does not.

If you are not comfortable with drawing (you must have a good holster, strong side only and no squishy nylon holsters please), then you can compete in novice class by starting at the ready pointed at the "ready" plate. Or if you shoot rimfire (somewhat more popular now due to high cost of centerfire ammo, but only if you had your own stash before Dec 2012 :() you will also start at the ready.

Things will go much smoother if you have at least 5 magazines, one for each run (5 runs, worst thrown out).

You may also want to check out our Steel Challenge match at Cresson http://ctidpa.com/calendar.php?do=getin ... 13-4-7&c=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coming up on April 7th.

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Topic author
mewalke
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mewalke »

extremist wrote: Things will go much smoother if you have at least 5 magazines, one for each run (5 runs, worst thrown out).
I need more XD 45 mags... wish they were easier to find!

Thanks very much for the reply - great info. I would probably start in Novice class even though I practice my draw when I do dry fire practice.

Gnarl E. Hound

Post by Gnarl E. Hound »

Great info! I would like to participate, too. Yes, rimfire is looking very attractive these days!
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
-Thomas Paine

Return to “Competitive Shooting”