Texas Hunting Forum

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ddstuder
Posts in topic: 4

Texas Hunting Forum

Post by ddstuder »

Does anyone belong to this forum?
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php

I have tried to join this forum every day since Friday. To join you have to respond to their email after you register.
If you do not reply within 24 hours it deletes you.
I have not recieved an email from them, and have tried several times, and two different email addresses. I have looked in my spam blocker and still nothing!

Just curious if anyone else has this issue. I want to join, they have a lot of good stuff for sale in the classifieds but I can not PM anyone without becoming a member! :banghead:
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas Hunting Forum

Post by baldeagle »

I manage the Stovebolt site, which uses the same software. You should get an email within minutes after registering. I registered to see what would happen. I have not yet received the email. So it appears there's a problem with the site or their software. The contact address is jpg@outdoorsites.net. I would send email there and ask them to investigate. Their mail server appears to be functioning normally.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

I just registered, but haven't received an email. I use aol and sometimes they have a different process but I didn't see and notes regarding aol. Since the login in page came up after i sent my info I tried to login in but was denied because my email address wasn't verified. Wait and see i guess.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Me! I belong to THF and Texas Fishing Forum.

Good folk, about like here on the CHL forum, sharing and expressing their respective interests. FWIW, I've made a couple of mutually good trades on each forum.

:txflag:

Topic author
ddstuder

Post by ddstuder »

Oldgringo wrote:Me! I belong to THF and Texas Fishing Forum.

Good folk, about like here on the CHL forum, sharing and expressing their respective interests. FWIW, I've made a couple of mutually good trades on each forum.

Yeah, I have been lurking on there for a while, and wanted to join. They have alot of members and have tons of stuff on the classifieds! :txflag:
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

ddstuder wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Me! I belong to THF and Texas Fishing Forum.

Yeah, I have been lurking on there for a while, and wanted to join. They have alot of members and have tons of stuff on the classifieds! :txflag:
I think one has be a member of the forums to comment and/or sell but IIRC, there wasn't a minimum post requirement to sell on the forum. My trades were professional and above board. Yours....?

Caveat emptor!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I sent an email to the address provided by baldeagle but have not received any response. Wait and See I guess. Image

Topic author
ddstuder

Post by ddstuder »

I tried again today to join. Still not getting the email from them. I met one of the moderators and bought an EOTech sight from him. He was going to tell the owner of the forum about it, but still no luck!

This may be a blessing in disguise though. They have a lot of good stuff for sale in the classifieds and if I dont join, I can't buy any of it!!

gemini

Post by gemini »

I've been a member of THF for awhile. I've sold several rifles off that site. Met some nice folks too.
I bought a 12 string guitar off that site. Bought .45 acp ammo back when it was scarce etc.
Recently bought a new holster from one of the members (leather maker). A few custom knife makers
post newly completed projects, jump on them quick, they go really fast!
Never had any problems buying or selling.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

gemini wrote:I've been a member of THF for awhile. I've sold several rifles off that site. Met some nice folks too.
I bought a 12 string guitar off that site. Bought .45 acp ammo back when it was scarce etc.
Recently bought a new holster from one of the members (leather maker). A few custom knife makers
The only problem noted here is registering to become a member. Still not happening. :???:
edit:
UPDATE: I decided to make another attempt at registering. I went to an old desktop (I mean really old) PC that I rarely use. I have an aol email account on it so I thought maybe there was something about going through IE to get AOL tp allow an email from THF that was preventing me getting a reply. I went to the site, clicked on Register User and it immediately let me enter my ID and password selections and I agreed to the rules..... Wah Lah! I am a member! No email sent or nuthin'. :thumbs2:

Topic author
ddstuder

Post by ddstuder »

puma guy wrote:
gemini wrote:I've been a member of THF for awhile. I've sold several rifles off that site. Met some nice folks too.
The only problem noted here is registering to become a member. Still not happening. :???:
edit:
UPDATE: I decided to make another attempt at registering. I went to an old desktop (I mean really old) PC that I rarely use. I have an aol email account on it so I thought maybe there was something about going through IE to get AOL tp allow an email from THF that was preventing me getting a reply. I went to the site, clicked on Register User and it immediately let me enter my ID and password selections and I agreed to the rules..... Wah Lah! I am a member! No email sent or nuthin'. :thumbs2:

Yeah I finally got signed in also!

I met one of the Mods from the site (Mr. Clean) and he talked to the owner of the board and must have changed something. I also got signed up and accessed the forum without a confirmation email.

All in all, great people and a great site.

Read the post in the classifieds about a Vet trying to sell a pistol to buy a new trolling motor. Basically the forum members all pitched in and bought the TM for the Vet so he could keep his gun!! :cheers2:

Sniper John

Post by Sniper John »

ddstuder wrote:Does anyone belong to this forum?
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php

I have tried to join this forum every day since Friday. To join you have to respond to their email after you register.
If you do not reply within 24 hours it deletes you.
I have not recieved an email from them, and have tried several times, and two different email addresses. I have looked in my spam blocker and still nothing!

Just curious if anyone else has this issue. I want to join, they have a lot of good stuff for sale in the classifieds but I can not PM anyone without becoming a member! :banghead:

Sorry I did not see this earlier. I'm an uber on THF. I would have taken care of it. If you have any more problems logging in, shoot me a pm.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

baldeagle wrote:I manage the Stovebolt site, which uses the same software. You should get an email within minutes after registering. I registered to see what would happen. I have not yet received the email. So it appears there's a problem with the site or their software. The contact address is jpg@outdoorsites.net. I would send email there and ask them to investigate. Their mail server appears to be functioning normally.
I'm not a member of the Stovebolt pages, but I know my dad is. We have a 53 Chevy thats being resto-moded. Good to see gearheads on here. :tiphat:
TANSTAAFL

Pug

Post by Pug »

ddstuder wrote: Yeah, I have been lurking on there for a while, and wanted to join. They have alot of members and have tons of stuff on the classifieds! :txflag:
:lol::

Exact opposite here. I've been on THF & TFF for years -- while only lurking around TCHL.

Well boys and girls, I'm comin' out!
:hurry:

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

I'm on there, same name. I've mainly only posted in the reloading forum area thus far.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Return to “Hunting Photos”